One.com is worth looking into if you want frills-free webhosting — price point being a key pull factor. You tend to get what you pay for with low-cost shared hosting providers. That being said, One.com does offer a code-free website builder and unlimited email accounts, making their services pretty ideal for basic site-building needs or email hosting in particular.
I am a testimony of using one.com for 2 years using their platform to build site for most of my clients. It’s cheap and very affordable for startup bloggers though there are pros and cons of using this free webhosting service which will be highlighted below.
In Simple words it is cheap, fast and easy to setup. This web-host is for newbies or blogs who are just starting out. There first year is free but, actually you have to pay 13.80$ (N4000) as setup fees, but actually this is still cheap as you are getting 1 domain name and free webhosting for a year for (4000N).
One.com is an innovative supplier of web hosting services. One.com (B-one) was established in 2002 in Denmark and is today one of the leading companies in Europe within the provision of domain names and sales of web hosting services.
Since the foundation of One.com (B-one) in 2002 by Jacob Jensen, One.com has experienced constant growth and has today more than 1,000,000 customers in 149 countries.
One.com has more than 270 employees, a healthy, strong financial position and is fully geared to meeting the potentials and challenges of the future.
It has 4 hosting plans which are affordable you can see the Image below to choose your choice of shared hosting.
- Simple setup. Website building software included. Add-ons include gallery, cloud storage.
- One.com provides one of the quickest ways to get up and running with a modern-looking website
- Support :- Until now there support works for me, they reply within seconds and they solved many issues regarding WordPress. So there support is fast & knowledgeable.
- Up-time :- For 2 years now i haven’t seen any downtime.
- Backups :- They offer daily backups , and you can ask them for backups files for any given day.
- WordPress :- They offer 1 click WordPress installation, and there support is knowledgeable about WordPress so you will face no problems.
- Control Panel :- There control panel is different looking from others , it features tile like options, there cPanel offers limited control as compared to other webhostings.
- Setting Up :- This is the worst part 🙁 when you signup , you have to print document then sign it and then you need to fax that document in order to get you account going. Dot get scared its easy
- Backups: Note: – there is no option for backups within control panel
- Limited applications. Very short money-back guarantee period. Difficult to set up e-commerce store. No phone customer service. No VPS or dedicated hosting.
- it’s also one of the most restrictive, as you don’t have a lot of control over your hosted site.
How to Buy Domain Name for 13$ and Free Webhosting from One.Com
Firstly, to get a web host that supports WordPress like one.com, All thier packages support one-click WordPress installs so you won’t have to trouble yourself with setting up WordPress using any PHP tools. Here’s how you do it:
- From the One.com main page, click ‘Get Started’
- Choose the small package (this is enough for you to get started and you can upgrade anytime you need) and follow the checkout instructions
- Activate your account by clicking on the ‘Complete order’ link in the confirmation email
Congratulations! You are now a proud owner of your own space on the web – you can now build the house that would sit on that space.
Read also: how to buy cheap hosting from hostgator
Best and cheap free webhosting, they are big company and are around for year’s now. so if you are starting out new and you are short on cash then this web-hosting is best for you.